Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Enron and Mom

My mom and stepfather visited this weekend -- that means I drank more beer than usual. This part of Texas was heavily settled by Germans back in the 19th century so there are some nice beer houses around the area. But the best has to be Flying Saucer -- they've got 76 different kinds of beer on tap (check this pdf of their beer menu), from all around the world and from micro-breweries in the U.S. They have other locations too, but none in the northeast or west coast I'm afraid.

There's a couple theaters in town that play arty, foreign, indie, or documentary films. After seeing Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room I grew much fonder of the idea of a death penalty, or perhaps a torture-to-death penalty. For my Californian friends you ought to check this out and see how the rolling blackouts you suffered helped some CEOs receive 300 million dollar payouts.

No comments: