Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tumorous -- Metastasized

Antibody Films has posted an in-development announcement regarding my recent screenplay, Tumorous, on their website so I figure it's okay to mention it here now.

I had talked with the principles previously about another script, but even while I was doing so I was looking at that greenish tinted website with the threatening hospital environs and couldn't help but think that the script I was working on would actually be a much nicer fit -- and now it has all turned out rather nicely.

They're a small company, people just starting out (like me) but they're already cooperating with another company and in pre-production on a Direct-to-DVD feature -- and it's less than three months since they set up shop!

I haven't been doing this very long, but already long enough to know that a lot of places have trouble getting started, so Antibody's energy really impressed me.

And I like the vaguely Lovecraftian virus. That's how dread Cthulhu looked strange aeons before evolving into the stately squamous horror he is today!

4 comments:

Jaime_sama said...

Congrats Steve! That is awesome.

Although I have been saying all along that I can't wait to see your name scroll up across the big screen, after reading the summary of Tumorous, I'm thinking I may be too much of a wuss to make it that far.

Gross!!

ScriptWeaver said...

Congratulations!

Was that your summary? Was this off InkTip? We'll need to get that beer soon....

Steve Peterson said...

J'aime: this is definitely one to be wussy about! If it gets made the one thing that might save some of my karma is that it could convert a few people to vegetarianism (but not me).

Richard: That's the summary I sent them directly. Antibody originally contacted me about Black Ice via InkTip, but after I promised that to another guy I told them about Tumorous and they wound up liking it even better.

I'll be in L.A. next week but after I get back it's definitely beer time! In honor of your avatar perhaps Broadway 5050 again -- or the Flying Saucer up near you is really good too.

Patrick J. Rodio said...

Congrats, nice.

By the way, I've updated my post to include my myspace link.

Again, congrats!